Monday, January 12, 2009

Open Blue Lines

A little adventure to some open water I scouted on Saturday produced a pair of nice brown trout during the short time I had available to fish. Swinging the little three weight for the first time in 2009 felt wonderful. A non-weighted tandem of the hot head leech and long annelid successfully enticed a few winter brown trout resulting in my first trout on the fly to ring in the new year. With less than an hour to cast, I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. Fighting the ice in my guides and slipping around in the fresh snow seemed like a small price to pay for the flexing dance of the three weight under load from a wild brown.

First brown trout of the year


Second brown trout of hopefully many to come in the new year


1 comment:

Brandon said...

those are some beauties! count me as jealous you found time to get out.....although I might head out before the Steelers game this Sunday!!!