Monday, October 26, 2009

Ice On The Lake

After the blanketing icy weather we had on Sunday with no point in the day getting above the freezing mark, I was wondering what I would find at the lake this afternoon after work. Luckily, most of the water was open but a large swath of the south end was locked up in ice. The season is growing short and I am just not ready to be relegated to only moving water below man made structures. Perhaps we can get one more month yet out of a few of the larger stillwater locations. The fishing was decent enough tonight before darkness overtook everything. The wind and chilly air actually had me wearing gloves between landing fish. The rainbows seemed to want the BHPT this evening and were dialed in on it, ignoring my midge.

Ice on the lake, the time is short


A couple of the feisty rainbows


No comments: