Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Quiet Evening Of Rise Forms


I had almost two hours for a quick round trip out to the plains lakes to search out some active trout. When I arrived the lake was covered in rings from rising fish. Midges were everywhere and the fish were clearly taking advantage of the plentiful food. The majority of risers appeared to be smaller recently stocked rainbow trout but every so often you would see a larger fish participating in the gluttony. I threw dries, nymphs, and streamers and couldn't get any interest in my offerings. The naturals were so thick that I was completely ignored. I did have a larger fish make an attempt at engulfing my strike indicator. That was a bit startling and fun, but ended up being the only attention I received from the midge focused rainbows. I watched the sun fade away to dusk and headed home. I'll be back to try another day.

No comments: