Saturday, July 31, 2010

Back To The High Country

Eric and I spent the afternoon and early evening working to the high country trout with dry flies. The three weight with a stimulator and elk hair caddis or trailing bwo was again working its magic, looking tasty to all the various surface fixated fish. It was a four species day once again. I started with a cutthroat that when landed, I unhooked the fly and threw it back on the water. Before I could release the cutt, my rod immediately started to dance around, and I found a splake on the other end. So, I netted him up too and snapped a quick picture of the pair. We had waves of action where the bite would burn hot for a while and then go through a bit of a lull. Once the lake was shaded by the mountain range it was a consistent bit of action.

Eric and I had a great evening kicking around in the tubes and taking in the sights and sounds of the lake. At the end of the evening the temps had dropped to the 40's and we both were a bit cold, making me think that fall is almost here. You could feel that sharpness in the air. I am not sure I am ready for that quite yet.

No comments: