Monday, June 8, 2009

Greenbelt Highwater

I went and attacked the edges on the greenbelt this evening. The river is over the initial flood level, limiting the amount of open movement I had without waders. The water was not as muddy as I would have expected with a lot more visibility in more of a tannin brown tone than actually being muddy. I rigged up the six weight with a bugger and went cranking along the slack water limits but didn't land any browns. I had one positive strike and saw some mini browns working midges on the surface in a back eddy. I just managed to get in some time on the water between storms. It has been very Seattle like with regards to moisture here in the valley lately. The red winged blackbirds were working hard bringing insects back to their nests. A nice evening to be out in the brief evening sunlight.

Swollen river


Outfit for the evening


End of the trail for me


Upriver view with the next approaching storm

2 comments:

Crossbarphoto said...

Excellent Sammy boy!!

BLUEANGLER said...

Sweet photos! I feel the river is calling!