Saturday, October 31, 2009

Post Storm Thaw

Well not quite everything has thawed out. The lake I went out to in the afternoon was still completely solid.



I sort of expected the ice but had to get some eyes on it anyway to be sure of what was happening. This is the last night before turning back the clock and darkness will start early in the evening. Moving water was the only chance I would have at some trout so I ventured on to some open water. Unfortunately it was soupy and off color from all the quick melting snow. I had one solid tug on a leech and scared a few fish at my feet off the bank when I would get right on top of them. There was no way to sight fish to the trout and they couldn't see me either in the muddy water. At least the storm is over and I can again head for the outdoors and open waters.

No comments: