Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Return Trip


I couldn't stop thinking about that beautiful rainbow from the last trip out on Sunday. So with a couple hours after work I headed out to the plains lakes again and gave it another shot to see what might be happening this evening. It was a funky sort of weather pattern with gray, rainy clouds in parts of the valley, and open sunny patches in other areas. I only landed one fish but it was decent enough. The nice part was I got to see the take on the midge as I bumped it along at the end of the retrieve close to shore. The fish had a lighter back then the surrounding vegetation and I could clearly see the turn and the take as the midge caught the trout's attention. After a valiant fighting effort I was able to land her, snap a fast picture, and send her back to the weed line.

Only fish of the night

No comments: