Sunday, July 11, 2010

No Action From The Tube

I headed out to one of the plains lakes after a Saturday spent indulging at the brewfest. The weather was nice and it seemed like a good way to wake up with a little fin kicking to get my circulation going. Unfortunately, the fish were not as cooperative. I threw all the typical nymphs at them and tried some damsel nymph retrieves as well to no avail. There were adult damselflies everywhere also with a soup of midges and caddis mixed in as well, but I maybe saw three rises the entire time I was on the water and ended the day with a pair of phantom hits. I decided to hang it up midafternoon and headed back to town a little perplexed at the lack of action but glad that I got some time on the water.

A pair of unknown float tubers working the lake for finicky rainbows

No comments: