Sunday, December 21, 2008

First Ice Trip Of The Season

I had a beautiful day on the ice with George. We were able to get out early and spend a good amount of time on the hard water, left in the early morning blackness and got home in the evening darkness. The day was quite an adventure with big rainbows coming in to the hut on a consistent basis. I couldn't do much of anything but George managed some gorgeous rainbows and we had quite a time wrangling them in the hut. He also was able to save a rod that had tangled on a just released fish just barely grabbing it with a lucky arm into the icy water. I shot a few pictures and some video during the day. I think I may have a taste of ice fever.

A nice rainbow on the ice


Releasing a rainbow back into the lake


Big steel, chrome, and black rainbow

2 comments:

nefftodi said...

Boy that guy in those pictures is sure handsome and he catches some beautiful fish.

Brandon said...

Not even a coat on? Where is the challenge???

Great fish guys - wish I was close to big fish like that!